Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hubby adventures!

My husband woke up this morning in a pretty good mood until he noticed me sitting on the couch with my coupon book out putting all the latest coupons I had printed from the internet into their respected places. As he walked through the living room, he groaned.."I have to go get your newspapers now don't I" I smiled and said Yep. So off to the store he goes. Luckily he brought back breakfast! I went through the newspapers clipping my coupons while Marlie, my 5 yr old clipped hers (pictures) and put them in her hello kitty ziplock bags. BTW, I found those cute baggies on clearance at KMart. As I got ready to head out to do my Sunday shopping, my husband decided he wanted to go with me. So with hubby in tow, off to Target we went. He said he wanted to see if I was really saving us money. HAHA! I couldnt wait. We went in to the store and I went straight to the kiosk to print Target coupons. I like printing them there, saves my ink and paper! An employee spoke to me as I was printing them and noticed my notebook and politely stated I should be able to get some great deals. My hubby then asked me if I was on a first name basis with Target employees now. Needless to say, I shut him up really quick when we checked out. Here is just a quick run down of what I got today!

2 Connect4 travel games (FREE!!)
3 Hungry hungry hippo travel games
Suave deoderant
Baby wipes
Crackers
Bread
Shampoo
Dial Body Wash
Fusion Razor
Chips and Salsa
Mascara
Eyeshadow-Neutrogena
Fruit Chillers
3 2L Dr. Peppers
Tide Stain Booster
Detergent
Toothpaste
and the list goes on....

So, here we are. I have scoped out the nicest looking clerk I can find at the check out counter. My hubby couldn't understand why I went to one line when another clerk was open. So our total before coupons was $88 and his eyes about pop out of his head. I can see him starting to sweat and the "I told you so" look on his face was apparant. So one by one the coupons start ticking away at the total. Final cost with taxes $30. The I told you so look on my face=PRICELESS!! We walk out to the car to load our stuff and my husband finally says, Good Job! I don't think he minds going to get my papers after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment